Year Started at Mercy College: 2016
- Department: Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)
- PhD, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia)
- MS, Physics, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
Courses Regularly Taught
- PHY 101 Physics I (with Lab)
- PHY 102 Physics II (with Lab)
- CHE 101 General Chemistry I (with lab)
- CHE 420 Biochemistry
- STA 420 Research Methodologies
- BIO 460 Cell and Molecular Biology
Research Interests and Professional Projects
- Molecular mechanisms of hypertension
- Regulation of the gene expression and molecular mechanisms regulating ion channels and transporters in cancer development
- Mathematical modelling of physiological processes
Selected from over 25 peer-reviewed journal articles:
- 1. Babich V, Henry MK, Di Sole F: Application of Electrophysiology Measurement to Study the Activity of Electro-Neutral Transporters. J Vis Exp., 132, 2018.
- 2. Platonova NA, Orlov IA, Klotchenko SA, Babich VS, Ilyechova EY, Babich PS, Garmai YP, Vasin AV, Tsymbalenko NV, Puchkova LV. Ceruloplasmin gene expression profile changes in the rat mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation and involution. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 43: 126-134, 2017.
- 3. Di Sole F and Babich V. New Insight into Adenosine Receptor Control of Salt and Fluid Homeostasis. Editorial. MOJ Cell Science & Report 3(2): 00052, 2016
- 4. Babich V, Vadnagara K, Di Sole F: Dual effect of adenosine A1 receptor activation on renal O2 consumption. J Cell Physiol. 230 (12): 3093-104, 2015.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Iowa Physiological Society (IPS)
Advice to Students/Favorite Quote
"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration" — Thomas Alva Edison