Year Started at Mercy College: 2009
- Department: Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science, Iowa State University (1987)
- Medical Technology certification, Mercy School of Medical Technology (1987)
- Family Law Mediation Training (2022)
Courses Regularly Taught
MLS-414 Urinalysis/Body Fluids
MLS-415 Clinical Chemistry I
MLS-436 Clinical Chemistry Rotation I
MLS-445 Clinical Chemistry II
MLS-465 Clinical Microbiology Rotation II
MLS-466 Clinical Chemistry Rotation II
- MLS(ASCP)CM - Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Laboratory Scientist since 1987 in a variety of laboratory settings. (MercyOne - Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines and VA Medical Center, Iowa City, along with critical access hospitals in rural counties.)
- Newborn Screening Health Scientist
- QC/Lab Manager in industry
- Processing Supervisor at MercyOne - Des Moines
- MLS(ASCP)cm American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- ASCLS American Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists.
Community Service Involvement
Advice to Students
Take time to evaluate where you are, where you want to be and how you plan to get there, while praying for guidance.
I love to read and spend time with my huge family. I am the youngest of 15 and my husband is the youngest of 6. I have taught my whole life, formally and informally. I now have the opportunity to do it full time in a field I love!