Courses Regularly Taught
- MED 101: Medical Terminology
- STA 420: Research Methodologies
Year started at Mercy College: 2008
- PhD in Nursing Student - University of Iowa (anticipated graduation 2021)
- MSN - University of Iowa (2005)
- BSN - Grand View University (1997)
- BS: Biology and Chemistry - Mount Mercy University (1994)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, 2005
Advice to Students/Favorite Quote
"For today, I am the Spirit of Mercy. I am an extension of the healing ministry of Christ. Through me, there is compassion. Through me, there is excellent medical care. Through me, there is kindness and respect for all. Through me, there is home - for today, and for what today will yet bring. The simplest and most practical lesson I know is to resolve to be good today, but better tomorrow." ~ Sisters of Mercy. God has given each one of us special gifts. We are expected to use them wisely as we serve Him.
Clinical Field Experience
Research Interests and Professional Projects
Careful Nursing Philosophy & Practice Model, Holistic Healing, Implementation Science in Evidence-Based Practice, Clincal Practice Improvement, Professional Development, Infusion Practice and Cardiovascular Care.
Clinical Field Experience
Cardiovascular Nursing, Infusion Nursing, Population Health, Process Improvement, Evidence Based Practice, Research & Nursing Models/Theories
- Weldon, J.M. reviewer for Chabner, D.E. (2015 & 2018) Medical Terminology: A Short Course. (7th ed.)
St. Louis: Elsevier Saunders.
- Weldon, J.M. et al. (2015) Stick to It! The Rights of Tape Application. (abstract)
Journal of Infusion Nursing, vol 38, no 6, p. 391 & 393.
- Weldon, J.M. et al. (2014) I SAVE That Line! (abstract) Journal of Infusion Nursing, vol 37, no 4.
- Weldon, J.M. et al. (2014) Overcoming Language Barriers for Pediatric Surgical Patients and their Family Members.
Journal of Association of Operating Room Nurses. vol 99, no 5.
- Weldon, J.M. (2015) Standardizing Procedures, Lessons from Specialized Teams. APIC. Portland, OR.
- Weldon, J.M. (2015) Elements of Effective, Consistent Central Line Care. Breakout session,
Infusion Nurses Society Annual Convention. Louisville, KY. May.
- Weldon, J.M. Stick to It! The Rights of Tape Application. Oral Abstract,
Infusion Nurses Society Annual Convention. Louisville, KY. May, 2015.
- Weldon, J.M. (2014) An Evidence Based Approach to the Maintenance Bundle.
Breakout session, Infusion Nurses Society Annual Convention. Phoenix, AZ. May.
- Weldon, J.M. (2014) “I SAVE That Line!”. Breakout session,
Association of Vascular Access Annual Scientific Meeting. Nashville, TN, September.
- Sigma Theta Tau - Zeta Chi Chapter
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Infusion Nurses Society
- Association for Vascular Access
- 100 Great Iowa Nurses, 2010